Stop Cavities In Their Tracks and Get On The Path to Remineralization!
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
New Patients: (801) 685-1197 | Current Patients: (801) 298-1812
Ozone Treatment in Bountiful, UT
How Ozone is Used in Dentistry
- Cavitations: Ozone gas and ozonated saline are used to disinfect areas of necrotic bone. As the by-products of ozone are oxygen and oxygen, there are no negative side effects from using ozone to disinfect tissue.
- Periodontal Disease: Ozone gas and ozonated water are used to disinfect areas of gum disease. Pathogens that cause gum disease are instantly neutralized when they come into contact with ozone. For severe periodontal disease, special trays can also be made to routinely deliver ozone to infected areas.
- Tooth Decay: Ozone gas and ozonated water are used to disinfect teeth prior to placing a filling. Not only does this make the success of the filling more predictable, but it also decreases the sensitivity of the teeth treated.
- TMJ: Ozone gas can be used in and around the jaw joint to aid in joint rehabilitation.
- Oral Hygiene: Ozonated water can be used as a mouth rinse to kill harmful bacteria.
- Mouth Sores: Ozonated olive oil can be used as a salve for cold sores, canker sores and other areas of infection in the mouth.
- Root Canals: Although root canals are not recommended in our practice, should you choose to have root canal therapy instead of having a tooth extracted, having the root canal therapy done using ozone is HIGHLY beneficial, due to its high antimicrobial activity.
- Tooth Decay: Ozone can be used to treat tooth decay by removing the decay-causing bacteria on and around the tooth. In fact, if the cavity is not too deep, no restoration may be needed at all.
Ozone therapy is a simple, inexpensive, fast and non-invasive treatment option.
Schedule Your Appointment with the Holistic Dentist
Every service we offer is aimed at improving your overall health. We offer several procedures that eliminate the need for surgical incisions, reducing your discomfort, downtime, and the need for multiple visits. Call our office to schedule your consultation today.