What Happens During An Exam?
During an oral cancer exam, your doctor will:
- Exam of the tongue and insides of your mouth to check for red or white patches or sores
- Feel the tissues of the mouth to check for lumps or other abnormalities
- Use OralID™ fluorescence technology to identify any areas of risk
- Order further testing on abnormalities that are found
OralID™ Cancer Screening in Bountiful, UT
According to the Oral Cancer Foundation, more than 43,000 people will be diagnosed with some type of oral cancer this year. [source: http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/facts/] having an oral cancer screening at each 6 month or annual examination can help reduce the impact of this statistic. Screening with the OralID helps catch oral cancer problems before they become more serious.
Why You Should Have Your Dentist Screen for Oral Cancer
- See precancerous cells or abnormal lesions at their earliest stages.
- Cost-effectively provide patients with the best oral cancer detection technologies available.
- Save lives and improve quality of life
Once a lesion or suspicious area is detected, a sample is obtained using a painless brush technique. The sample is sent to an oral pathologist who determines if further investigation is necessary. If oral cancer or any type of cancer runs in your family, or you just want the peace of mind a clear oral pathology exam can bring, call Dental Solutions, Inc.