WatchPAT in Bountiful, UT
Many people snore occasionally, but if you are a chronic snorer, you have probably wondered how you can effectively stop snoring. What you might not realize is that your snoring is not a problem, but a symptom. Those suffering from sleep apnea usually snore excessively and loudly, disrupting their sleep (as well as their sleeping partners’ sleep.) Dental Solutions, Inc., offers a screening for sleep apnea called WatchPAT200 that helps us determine if you may have the risk factors for the condition.
How a Watch Can Bring You the Best Sleep of Your Life
- Is your snoring becoming an issue?
- Do you wake feeling like you haven’t slept at all?
- Are you groggy throughout the morning?
- Do you suddenly wake up in the middle of the night, gasping for air?
These are all signs that you may have sleep apnea, a potentially serious medical condition that must be diagnosed by a doctor. As your dental provider, Dr. Judson Wall can help you determine if it is time to see a sleep specialist by having you wear a wrist monitor, the WatchPAT200. This wristwatch is worn at night and collects data on your breathing. It is completely non-invasive and has only three touch points on your arm and hand. You will not even realize you are wearing it. After several nights, the data can be compiled, and Dr.Wall can help you determine if you should see someone to get a full-blown diagnosis.
Why Sleep Apnea Is a Problem
Obviously, loud snoring can be a problem for obvious reasons. However, snoring may be an indication that a more serious problem exists, like lack of oxygen to the body. In essence, obstructive sleep apnea. Obstructive sleep apnea has been shown to:
- Can lead to incidence of higher blood pressure and heart disease.
- Can cause pain in the form of sore throat in the morning.
- Can disrupt your lifestyle by decreasing your mental sharpness.
- Can lead to chronic headaches, and even migraines.
Ready to stop snoring? Take the first step by calling Dr. Wall and scheduling a sleep apnea screening with the WatchPAT200 now.