Could Your Snoring Be Sleep Apnea?
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
WatchPAT in Bountiful, UT
How a Watch Can Bring You the Best Sleep of Your Life
- Is your snoring becoming an issue?
- Do you wake feeling like you haven’t slept at all?
- Are you groggy throughout the morning?
- Do you suddenly wake up in the middle of the night, gasping for air?
These are all signs that you may have sleep apnea, a potentially serious medical condition that must be diagnosed by a doctor. As your dental provider, Dr. Judson Wall can help you determine if it is time to see a sleep specialist by having you wear a wrist monitor, the WatchPAT200. This wristwatch is worn at night and collects data on your breathing. It is completely non-invasive and has only three touch points on your arm and hand. You will not even realize you are wearing it. After several nights, the data can be compiled, and Dr.Wall can help you determine if you should see someone to get a full-blown diagnosis.
Why Sleep Apnea Is a Problem
Obviously, loud snoring can be a problem for obvious reasons. However, snoring may be an indication that a more serious problem exists, like lack of oxygen to the body. In essence, obstructive sleep apnea. Obstructive sleep apnea has been shown to:
- Can lead to incidence of higher blood pressure and heart disease.
- Can cause pain in the form of sore throat in the morning.
- Can disrupt your lifestyle by decreasing your mental sharpness.
- Can lead to chronic headaches, and even migraines.
Schedule Your Appointment with the Holistic Dentist
Every service we offer is aimed at improving your overall health. We offer several procedures that eliminate the need for surgical incisions, reducing your discomfort, downtime, and the need for multiple visits. Call our office to schedule your consultation today.